TAC Claims

Who can make a claim?

You can make a claim if:

  • You, or someone you represent, was involved in an accident caused by the driving of a car, motorcycle, bus, train or tram, and
  • You, or someone you represent, was injured or died in the accident.

Pedestrians and cyclists who were injured or died in accidents caused by the driving of a car, motorcycle, bus, train or tram are also covered.

Cyclists who collide with a stationary motor vehicle on or after 9 July 2014 are also covered.

Garden & Green have substantial experience in TAC claims and can assist in the due process of your claim from the initial claim for medical expenses, loss of earnings, right through to compensation for serious injury or impairment, both physical and psychological.

Many of these types of injuries can take years to resolve and careful monitoring of your claim is essential. This is all handled in-house by our firm and where appropriate, by our senior counsel in Melbourne, to assure the very best outcome in all circumstances.

It is essential that you first contact TAC within 12 months of your accident. The TAC are very helpful with the claim process and can provide you with useful information.

What to do after an accident?

Collect the following information: 

  • Accident details – the location, circumstances and injuries
  • Details of the vehicles involved, including registration numbers and names of occupants
  • Details of any persons who witnessed the accident
  • Details of police attendance or date reported to police including officer names and station
  • Accident details including vehicle number, location, route of travel, date and time of travel
  • Employment/income details if you have had more than five days off work due to the accident

For public transport accidents, please provide:

  • Name of the public transport operator
  • Name of the person at the public transport operator that the accident was reported to
  • Name of the public transport drive
Next Step is to call the TAC on 1300 654 329 and provide them with the details of your accident. You will be given a claim number that you can provide to us so we may contact TAC on your behalf to assist with your claim.